We are seeking for a senior accounts payable specialist to join our growing accounting team. In this position, you will have the opportunity to own the accounts payable process from beginning to end. This position will directly report to the Corporate Controller.
- Perform full cycle accounts payable processes in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Process vendor invoices for three-way matching of tangible goods invoices; obtain proper payment approval.
- Record invoices to the proper accounting periods in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure proper GL coding of invoices and expenses with proper documentation and approval.
- Work closely with Purchasing team to resolve invoice/PO discrepancies.
- Monitor the Accounts Payable inbox to ensure that all invoices and other vendor communication are properly addressed.
- Prepare and perform weekly ad-hoc check runs and electronic payments.
- Perform the accounts payable monthly close process including preparing accrual journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Manage annual 1099 reporting.
- Maintain effective accounts payable policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Assist with financial and tax audits as needed.
- Administration of the T&E system.
- Proactively identify and assist with process improvements.
- Assist with other ad-hoc requests and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with at least 5 years of relevant work experience in an accounts payable function (experience in the biotech a plus).
- Intermediate Excel skills while proficient in other Microsoft tools (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
- Public company experience required.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Able to work with a high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to commute to Mountain View.
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.