Our Immuno-Oncology group is looking for an in vivo Scientist/Senior Scientist with a strong background in Immunology, Immuno-Oncology, Pharmacology or a related scientific discipline to join our growing and friendly team during this exciting time in our expansion. You will play an integral role in the preclinical development of novel antibody-based therapeutics in a variety of disease areas and at various stages of development.
We are looking for candidates that are highly skilled, motivated and creative scientists with hands-on experience with in vivo animal models for pre-clinical studies. You should have a proven track record of conducting animal studies with humanized mouse and syngeneic tumor models, as well as working productively as part of a team. In this position, you will report to the VP Immuno-Oncology.
- PhD or MSc in Immunology/Cancer Biology/Pharmacology or a related scientific discipline with a minimum of 5 years’ experience required, preferably in industry.
- Proven track record in in vivo model development, particularly in context of cancer and immunology, required.
- Hands-on experience conducting PD and efficacy studies with xenograft tumor models in humanized NSG mice (human CD34+ , T cell or PBMC engrafted), and syngeneic hematological cancer and solid tumor models required.
- Experience with multi-parametric flow cytometry required.
- Experience in hiring, training and supervising direct reports required.
- Proven record of following IACUC regulations and close monitoring of animal health required.
- Ability to write and manage IACUC protocols with local CROs and experience in managing CROs preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic, face-paced environment.
- Highly organized with reliable time-keeping skills and able to maintain a detailed and well-organized notebook.
- Must be a team player, respectful of others, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Design, execute and interpret preclinical in vivo animal studies in support of multiple programs.
- Work with multiple internal teams, collaborators and contract research organizations to execute in vivo mouse studies.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in current disease-relevant in vivo mouse models for testing efficacy and pharmacodynamics of novel biologics to support preclinical development.
- Accountable for in vivo animal model strategy, delivery, communication and follow-up.
- Management of a team of Associates to execute studies.
- Presentation of results at internal and external meetings.
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.