We are seeking a Research Associate or Senior Research Associate with experience in process development, particularly in the context of antibody and antibody-like biologics. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in protein purification and bioanalytical techniques used to characterize biologics. This is a key position in the Process Sciences and Manufacturing group and will have the opportunity to collaborate across groups to contribute to multiple fast-moving drug discovery projects.
- Maintain downstream process lab.
- Keep track of inventory records of supplies, materials, and prepare requisitions as necessary.
- Determine expression titer by ELISA and other techniques.
- Perform protein and antibody purification by chromatography and filtration technology.
- Characterize protein and antibody targets using typical analytical methods in protein chemistry.
- Document results in laboratory notebooks.
- Share data with management and team members.
- Research literature to identify alternative methodologies and solve scientific problems, establish, and qualify assays.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries of testing, and detailed protocols.
- Learn new techniques as the job requires.
- BS/BA degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or chemical engineering background or related fields with three (3) or more years of experience in biopharma industry, preferably in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience in protein purification using a variety of chromatographic techniques with hands-on experience using and maintaining AKTA FPLC (AVANT, Pure, Ready) systems with Unicorn software.
- Prior experience interacting with CROs/CMOs for manufacturing and characterizing biologics.
- Experience with tangential flow filtration.
- Demonstrated experience with analytics and characterization of proteins and antibodies (SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, residual Host Cell Proteins, residual DNA, HPLC).
- Ability to evaluate purification processes for scalability, cost and quality and then transfer to CMO.
- Experience with designing and performing DOEs is a plus.
- Good understanding of biophysical techniques such as DSC, DLS, and IEF is preferred.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, and communication skills and ability to clearly and effectively present data at group and company meetings.
- Being a consummate team player and respectful of others is a must.
- Must be able to commute to Mountain View.
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.