We are seeking a Scientist or Senior Scientist with significant experience in process development particularly in the context of antibody and antibody-like biologics. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in protein purification and bioanalytical techniques used to characterize biologics. This is a key position in the Process Sciences and Manufacturing group and will have the opportunity to collaborate across groups to contribute to multiple fast-moving drug discovery projects.
- Operate and maintain instrumentation for the analysis and purification of antibodies.
- Develop and perform protein and antibody purification by chromatography and filtration technology.
- Tech transfer purification processes to internal and/or external manufacturing groups.
- Characterize protein and antibody targets using typical analytical methods (SDS-PAGE, SEC, endotoxin, etc.).
- Keep accurate and current records of research and/or project related activities in laboratory notebooks.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries of testing, and detailed protocols.
- Share data with management and team members.
- Research literature to identify novel methodologies and solve scientific problems and apply to the overall program.
- Publish research in peer-reviewed journals and present work at scientific conferences when possible.
- May supervise one or more direct reports and proactively engage in their development.
- Ph.D. degree biology, biochemistry, chemical engineering or related fields with at least two (2) years of experience or Bachelor/Master’s with more than five (5) years of post-degree experience in the biopharma industry, preferably in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Extensive experience in protein purification using a variety of chromatographic techniques with hands-on experience using and maintaining AKTA FPLC (AVANT, Pure, Ready) systems with Unicorn software.
- Prior experience interacting with CROs/CMOs for manufacturing and characterizing biologics.
- Experience with viral and tangential flow filtration.
- Demonstrated experience with analytics and characterization of proteins and antibodies (SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, residual Host Cell Proteins, residual DNA, HPLC).
- Ability to evaluate purification processes for scalability, cost and quality and then transfer to CMO.
- Experience with designing and performing DOE is a plus.
- Good understanding of biophysical techniques such as DSF, DSC, DLS, IEF is preferred.
- Ability to work independently or with limited direct supervision.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, and communication skills and ability to clearly and effectively present data at group and company meetings
- Consummate team player and respectful of others is a must.
- Must be able to commute to Mountain View.
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.