Our Preclinical Sciences group is looking for a Scientist/Senior Scientist with a strong background in Immunology, Immuno-Oncology, Pharmacology or a related scientific discipline to join our growing and friendly team during this exciting time in our expansion. You will play an integral role in the preclinical development of novel antibody-based therapeutics in a variety of disease areas and at various stages of development.
We are looking for candidates that are highly skilled, motivated and creative scientists with hands-on experience with in vivo animal models for IND-enabling studies. You should have a proven track record of conducting animal studies with cynomolgus monkeys and mouse tumor models, as well as working productively as part of a team. In this position, you will report to the Director, Antibody Pharmacology.
- PhD in Immunology/Cancer Biology/Pharmacology or a related scientific discipline with a minimum of 2-5 years of industry experience
- Proven track record with in vivo animal models for IND-enabling studies, including both monkey and mouse models
- Hands-on experience conducting efficacy studies with xenograft tumor models in humanized NSG mice (human CD34+ or PBMC engrafted), and syngeneic hematological cancer (i.e. NHL) and solid tumor models
- Experience interpreting and reporting complex datasets
- Experience with multi-parametric flow cytometry and general molecular biological techniques including Western blotting, ELISAs, q-PCR etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic, face-paced environment
- Experience in hiring, training and supervising direct reports
- Proficient with basic computer programs routinely used in a lab such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism, and FlowJo
- Highly organized with reliable time-keeping skills and able to maintain a detailed and well-organized notebook
- Must be a team player, respectful of others, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Design, execute and interpret preclinical in vivo animal studies in support of multiple programs
- Maintains familiarity with current disease-relevant in vivo mouse models for testing efficacy and pharmacodynamics of novel biologics to support preclinical development and IND filings
- Work with collaborators and contract research organizations to execute in vivo animal studies, both cynomolgus monkey and mouse studies
- Work closely with project teams to conduct in vivo animal studies and write reports and other documents in support of regulatory filings
- Accountable for in vivo animal model strategy, delivery, communication and follow-up
- Presentation of results at internal and external meetings
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.