Our Preclinical Sciences group is looking for a Scientist/Senior Scientist with a strong background in Immunology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or a related scientific discipline to join our growing and friendly team during this exciting time in our expansion. You will play an integral role in the preclinical development of novel antibody-based therapeutics in a variety of disease areas and at various stages of development.
We are looking for candidates that are highly skilled, motivated and creative scientists with hands-on experience in developing assays to quantitate therapeutic antibody levels, anti-drug antibodies and pharmacodynamic measures of activity utilizing immunoassays and/or other methodologies. Candidates should have a proven track record of solving complex bioanalytical problems and working productively as part of a team. In this position, you will report to the Director, Antibody PK/PD.
- PhD in Immunology/Molecular Biology/Biochemistry or a related scientific discipline with a minimum of 2-5 years of industry experience
- Proven track record of solving complex bioanalytical problems
- Hands-on experience developing assays to quantitate drug levels, anti-drug antibodies, and pharmacodynamic measures of activity using immunoassays and/or other methodologies
- Experience with multiple immunoassay platforms and technologies, including ELISA, MSD, and Luminex
- Experience interpreting and reporting complex immunogenicity data
- Experience with flow cytometry and general molecular biological techniques including Western blotting, ELISAs, q-PCR etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic environment
- Experience training and supervising direct reports
- Proficient with basic computer programs routinely used in a lab such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism, and FlowJo
- Highly organized with reliable time-keeping skills and able to maintain a detailed and well-organized notebook
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Being a team player and respectful of others is a must
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to commute to Mountain View
- Develop, characterize, qualify and implement methods to quantify the levels of biotherapeutics in various species and biological matrices
- Develop and implement anti-drug antibody assays and strategies; provide guidance in interpretation and reporting of immunogenicity datasets
- Work with collaborators and contract research organizations to transfer and validate such assays
- Work closely with project teams to conduct biological characterization and write reports and other documents in support of regulatory filings
- Accountable for project strategy, delivery, communication and follow-up
- Presentation of results at internal and external meetings
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.