Our Preclinical Sciences group is looking for a Scientist/Senior Scientist with a strong background in Immunology, Immuno-Oncology, Pharmacology, or a related scientific discipline to join our growing and friendly team during this exciting time in our expansion. You will play an integral role in the preclinical development of novel antibody-based therapeutics in a variety of disease areas and at various stages of development.
We are looking for candidates that are highly skilled, motivated and creative scientists with hands-on experience in developing assays to identify candidate pharmacodynamic and predictive biomarkers in both solid and hematological cancers across multiple projects. You should have a proven track record of biomarker assay development and working productively as part of a team. You will be responsible for biomarker identification and characterization in preclinical studies, implementation of state-of-the-art biomarker methods, and analysis and interpretation of biomarker data to guide early clinical development. In this position, you will report to the Director, Antibody Pharmacology.
- PhD in Immunology/Cancer Biology/Pharmacology or a related scientific discipline with a minimum of 2-5 years of industry experience
- Proven track record of biomarker assay development, qualification and implementation
- Hands-on experience developing assays to evaluate candidate biomarkers in nonclinical models and selecting optimal assays for clinical evaluation
- Experience interpreting and reporting complex datasets
- Experience with multiparametric flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry analyses, and general expertise in immunosequencing, and gene expression and proteomic technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience hiring, training and supervising direct reports
- Proficient with basic computer programs routinely used in a lab such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism, and FlowJo
- Highly organized with reliable time-keeping skills and able to maintain a detailed and well-organized notebook
- Must be a team player, respectful of others, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Develop, qualify and implement methods to identify candidate pharmacodynamic and predictive biomarkers in nonclinical models
- Integrate and interpret preclinical biomarker data for successful cross-functional transfer to clinical biomarker colleagues
- Maintains a high level of professional expertise through familiarity with new technologies for biomarker discovery within immuno-oncology
- Work with collaborators and contract research organizations to transfer and qualify biomarker assays
- Work closely with project teams to conduct biomarker assays and write reports and other documents in support of regulatory filings
- Accountable for biomarker strategy, delivery, communication and follow-up
- Presentation of results at internal and external meetings
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.