We are seeking a Senior Research Associate in the Discovery Group with a background in immunological, biochemical, and protein chemistry techniques. In this important position, you should have a good understanding of human and mouse immune systems, extensive experience in various immunological assays such as recall antigen assay, mixed lymphocyte reaction assay etc. You should also have experience with small scale protein production, purification and characterization. Experience with high throughput cell-based assays and assay automation with liquid handling robots is also highly desired.
- Master’s degree in biological sciences or related field with 2 years’ experience, or Bachelor’s degree (BS) with 4 years’ experience in biotech industry.
- Familiar with human and mouse immune systems. Hands on experience with various immunological assays such as T cell activation assays, cytokine release assays, recall antigen assay, and mixed lymphocyte reaction assay, etc. Extensive experience in multi-color flow cytometry is required.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and transfection, protein purification and characterization (SDS-PAGE, ELISA, western blots, Endotoxin assays, etc.).
- Experience with high throughput cell-based assays with imaging and flow cytometry readouts, and assay automation using liquid handling robots is highly desired.
- Knowledge of basic computer programs routinely used in a lab such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, GraphPad etc; ability to quickly learn and master new instrument software and programs.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Being a team player and respectful of others is a must.
- Must be able to commute to Mountain View.
- Perform small scale protein production, purification and characterization (SDS-PAGE, ELISA, western blots, Endotoxin assays, etc.) of candidate antibodies to support multiple therapeutic IgM projects.
- Isolate PBMCs and immune cell subsets from buffy coat or whole blood samples. Perform in vitro functional assays such as cytotoxicity assays, T cell activation assays, cytokine release assays, recall antigen assay, and mixed lymphocyte reaction assay to evaluate candidate antibodies.
- Perform ELISA and flow cytometry assays to analyze ex vivo samples from PK/PD animal studies, including PK ELISAs, cytokine analysis, immunophenotyping, etc.
- Perform data analysis and generate technical reports. Ensure high-quality and timely documentation in electronic lab notebooks.
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.