We are looking for a Scientist/Senior Scientist with a strong background in Immuno-oncology or Immunology to join our growing and friendly team during this exciting time in our expansion. You will play an integral role in the pre-clinical development of novel immuno-oncology therapeutics. We are looking for candidates that are highly skilled, motivated and creative scientists with hands-on experience in immunology, oncology, animal models and molecular biology with the ability to lead preclinical stage programs through conducting early stage proof-of-concept in vitro and in vivo studies and work productively as part of a team.
- PhD in immunology/oncology with a minimum of 2-5 years of industry experience.
- Experience working with in vitro and in vivo models for proof-of-concept studies. Ability to establish mechanistic in vitro immune cell-based assays with primary human immune cells.
- Understanding of and ability to execute in vivo models with ability to select relevant models for mechanistic and efficacy studies.
- Experience in flow cytometry and general molecular biological techniques including Western blotting, ELISAs, q-PCR etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic environment.
- Experience training and supervising direct reports.
- Proficient with basic computer programs routinely used in a lab such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism, and FlowJo.
- Highly organized with reliable time-keeping skills and able to maintain a detailed and well-organized notebook.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Being a team player and respectful of others is a must.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Able to commute to Mountain View.
- Lead research efforts to generate proof-of-concept in vitro and in vivo data for new early stage immuno-oncology programs.
- Work closely with collaborators and CROs during the preclinical discovery and development stages.
- Accountable for project strategy, delivery, communication and follow-up.
- Presentation of results at internal and external meetings.
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.