IGM Biosciences is seeking a Senior Research Associate with a background in immunological, biochemical, and protein chemistry techniques to join our rapidly growing team. In this position, you will support the Discovery Biology group primarily in protein characterization (SDS-PAGE, ELISA, western blots, Endotoxin assays, etc.) and functional assays in cell-based systems (Luminescent or flow cytometry based assays).
- Master’s degree in biological sciences or related field, or Bachelor’s degree (BS) with 2 years’ experience, preferably in a startup biotech environment.
- Experience with cell-based assays particularly using flow cytometry.
- Knowledge of basic computer programs routinely used in a lab such as MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel, GraphPad, etc. Must be able to quickly learn and master new instrument software and programs.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Being a team player and respectful of others is a must.
- 5 years of combined research experience in either academia or industry, with a strong interest in multidisciplinary approaches to molecular biology, chemistry, and immunology research.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and micro-titer plate based readouts for cell proliferation and/or killing.
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry assays and flowjo software.
- Experience with protein characterization assays (SDS-PAGE, ELISA, western blots, Endotoxin assays, etc).
- Experience in maintaining thorough lab records, and adhering to health and safety regulations.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.