We are seeking an experienced, hands-on team member to join IGM as an Analytical Research Associate. In this important role, you will support IgM characterization and Process Development for the IND and clinical stage IGM biotherapeutics.
- Following written SOPs for routine analysis of antibody products with UV-Vis, HPLC, SDS-PAGE, cIEF, DLS, qPCR, and ELISA.
- Routinely determine endotoxin in antibody solutions.
- Maintaining HPLC, UV-Vis, DLS, CE, and qPCR instruments.
- Maintaining an organized analytical lab environment in compliance with safety regulations.
- Practicing GLP for all lab related activities including but not limited to buffer preparation, sample handling, and analytical method execution.
- Expected to provide analytical support for process development, analytical method development, and drug formulation development.
- Expected to keep excellent documentation and to prepare SOPs, protocols, and technical documents.
- Encouraged to explore and identify new analytical technologies.
- Expected to analyze scientific/technical data and present data in project team meetings.
- BS in Analytical Chemistry or related fields with 5+ years of hands-on laboratory experience, preferably in the biotech/biopharmaceutical setting.
- Experience with standard biological analytical methods SDS-PAGE, HPLC (SEC-, IEX-, RP-, EC-, HIC-), capillary electrophoresis (CE-SDS, cIEF), particle analysis by DLS, UV-Vis spectroscopy, and ELISA is required.
- Experience with tissue culture technique and biologics sample handling.
- Able to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills are a must.
- Physical ability to lift up to 40lbs and work at the lab bench for extended periods of time.
- Being a team player and respectful of others is a must.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Able to commute to Mountain View.
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.