We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented customer service focused professional to work in our dynamic, fast-paced environment. As our Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for corporate accounting operations and you’ll contribute to the continuing success of IGM. This position reports to the Controller.
- Maintain the general ledger of the company.
- Manage the monthly close process, including preparation/review of journal entries, allocations, and account reconciliations.
- Manage accruals, including clinical trial and other R&D accruals.
- Assist with the preparation and completion of forms 8-K, 10-Qs, and 10-K.
- Prepare and review audit support schedules.
- Produce monthly financial reporting for the executive team on a timely basis.
- Make and implement recommendations to improve accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure SOX compliance by monitoring accounting policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Provide technical accounting expertise and knowledge.
- Support the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and that fosters learning, open communication, collaboration, integration and teamwork.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy.
- The ideal candidate will have Big 4 CPA experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of increasingly responsible accounting and reporting experience, preferably with public companies.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and experience with SEC Regulations.
- Previous experience with mid-sized ERP systems.
- Computer literacy required, with the ability to navigate computer systems with little or no assistance. Proficiency in MS Office specifically with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and work in time sensitive situations to meet deadlines.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written).
- Must have organizational and project planning skills.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with all levels of employees throughout the company.
- Previous experience in the life sciences, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical industry highly desired.
- Ability to self-motivate and function independently.
- Collaborative and team oriented.
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.