We are seeking an experienced patent agent to help manage our growing patent portfolio. In this important position you will use your scientific and legal skills to develop and implement patent strategies in coordination with the legal team, and to identify and communicate risks. This position will directly report to our VP, Intellectual Property.
- Patent Agent with USPTO Registration Number.
- 4+ years of experience in preparing and prosecuting patent applications in a molecular biology-related field, either in-house or in a law firm.
- PhD or equivalent in a molecular biology-related field, or B.S. or M.S. plus 6+ years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Experience working in the biotechnology industry.
- High level of professionalism and motivation, ability to work independently but also as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative to identify and complete tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Exemplary time management skills, organization, and attention to detail.
- Actively coordinate with our research and development teams to identify new inventions as well as to devise and implement strategies for patent protection over the life cycle of product candidates.
- Prepare and prosecute US patent applications.
- Assist in the development of coordinated global patent strategies.
- Perform freedom to operate and patentability searches.
- Evaluate and monitor patent portfolios of third parties.
- Communicate IP guidance to IGM management.
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.