We are seeking a Research Associate with a background in immunological, biochemical, and protein chemistry techniques. In this important position, you will support the Discovery Biology group primarily in protein characterization (SDS-PAGE, ELISA, western blots, Endotoxin assays, etc) and functional assays in cell-based systems (Luminescent or flow cytometry based assays).
- Perform protein purification of small to large scale antibodies using AKTA PRIME, AKTA START and AKTA pure.
- Measure supernatant titer by ELISA or SEC.
- Characterize antibody by SEC, UV, Endotoxin assay, SDS-PAGE, Western Blots.
- Prepare Data Package and CofA.
- Perform high throughput purification using Hamilton Nimbus.
- Stable/transient plasmid transfection of suspension/adherent mammalian cell cultures.
- Ensure high-quality, timely documentation in electronic laboratory notebooks and technical reports.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry with 2 years of experience, preferably in a startup biotech environment.
- Experience with protein purification and characterization assays (SDS-PAGE, ELISA, western blots, Endotoxin assays, etc).
- Knowledge of basic computer programs routinely used in a lab such as MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel, GraphPad etc; ability to quickly learn and master new instrument software and programs.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Being a team player and respectful of others is a must.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and micro-titer plate based readouts for cell proliferation and/or killing.
- Experience in maintaining thorough lab records, and adhering to health and safety regulations.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Must be able to commute to Mountain View.
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.