IGM Biosciences is a privately held, biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative therapeutic antibodies for the treatment of cancer, autoimmune disorders and infectious diseases. Our proprietary platform of high avidity, natural and engineered human antibodies utilizes novel mechanisms of action that specifically target cell types involved in disease pathways. We are building a strong pipeline of biologics for oncology, infectious disease and immunology disease drug candidates.
We are seeking a Senior Research Associate with a background in immunological, biochemical, and protein chemistry techniques. This position would support the Discovery Biology group primarily in protein characterization (SDS-PAGE, ELISA, western blots, Endotoxin assays, etc) and functional assays in cell-based systems (Luminescent or flow cytometry based assays).
- Master’s degree in biological sciences or related field, or Bachelor’s degree (BS) with 2 years’ experience, preferably in a startup biotech environment.
- Experience with cell-based assays particularly using flow cytometry.
- Knowledge of basic computer programs routinely used in a lab such as MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel, GraphPad etc; ability to quickly learn and master new instrument software and programs.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Being a team player and respectful of others is a must.
- 5 years of combined research experience in either academia or industry, with a strong interest in multidisciplinary approaches to molecular biology, chemistry, and immunology research
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and micro-titer plate based readouts for cell proliferation and/or killing
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry assays and flowjo software
- Experience with protein characterization assays (SDS-PAGE, ELISA, western blots, Endotoxin assays, etc).
- Experience in maintaining thorough lab records, and adhering to health and safety regulations
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, small start-up environment.