IGM Biosciences is a privately held, biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative therapeutic antibodies for the treatment of cancer, autoimmune disorders and infectious diseases. Since 2011, we have pioneered a new field of antibody development by creating novel IgM and IgA antibodies. Our proprietary platform of high avidity, natural and engineered human antibodies utilizes novel mechanisms of action that specifically target cell types involved in disease pathways. We are building a strong pipeline of biologics for oncology, infectious disease and immunology disease drug candidates. We are also in partnership with other biopharmaceutical companies as the preferred CMO for production of IgM and IgA antibodies for specific clinical applications.
We are hiring a Senior Research Associate in our Upstream Process Sciences group. This position supports the development of novel antibody products by helping to create upstream processes producing these therapeutic antibodies. The Senior Research Associate is expected to maintain and expand cells, support the upstream PD lab, and to set up and execute antibody production runs at scale up to 25 liters or larger if needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains and passages CHO expression cell lines.
- Transfects plasmids into expression cells for transient production.
- Selects and expands expression cell lines for both stable and transient production.
- Maintains upstream development lab.
- Determines expression titer by ELISA and other techniques.
- Documents results in laboratory notebooks.
- Searches the literature to identify alternative methodologies and solve scientific problems, establish and qualify assays.
- Prepares technical reports, summaries, and detailed protocols.
- Learns new techniques as the job requires.
- Shares data with management and team members.
- Education: BS/BA or higher degree in a biology-related discipline.
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience working with mammalian cell culture and bioreactor/wave systems.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office
• Aseptic technique
• Ability to multitask
Special Working Conditions
- This job entails working under BSL-2 conditions.