IGM Biosciences is an expanding, privately held, biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative therapeutic antibodies for the treatment of cancer and infection. As global leaders in protein engineering of J chain-containing antibodies, our mission is to improve the treatment of cancer and infectious diseases by creating novel IgM and IgAs. IGM Biosciences is building a strong pipeline of oncology and immunology disease drug candidates. Our technology, skill and experience has enabled us to create multi-valent agonist antibodies, asymmetric bi-specific antibodies, and T- and NK-engaging bispecific antibodies.
We are looking for a Senior Research Associate with a background in Immunology or Cell Biology to join our growing and friendly team during this exciting time in our expansion. The successful candidate will play an integral role in the pre-clinical development of novel immuno-oncology therapeutics. S/he will perform standard immuno-assays, think laterally to solve problems, constantly improve work practices, and work productively as part of a team.
- B.S. or M.S. in Immunology, Cell Biology or related disciplines with 3- 5 years of industry research experience.
- Proficiency in cell culture with direct experience developing and executing T cell assays.
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry.
- Experience with ELISAs and other methods of cytokine/analyte analysis.
- Experience with cell line generation by transfection/other methods, in vivo efficacy studies and developing/executing biochemical assays (e.g. protein purification, SDS-PAGE, etc.) is preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to present data in group meetings.
- Must be a proactive, persistent, independent and able to interpret results and determine next steps with minimal guidance.
- Must be highly organized with reliable time-keeping skills and able to maintain a detailed and well-organized notebook.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism and FlowJo.
If you are interested in joining an exciting antibody creation and development company, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.